Corporate Development Analyst at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:21 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Udemy is seeking a Corporate Development Analyst based in San Francisco.
Your primary responsibilities will be to support Udemy’s nascent corporate development function, build the financial models and business cases for acquisition opportunities, and align business stakeholders with Udemy’s long-term strategies. In this capacity, you will be interfacing directly with Udemy’s senior leadership while coordinating and leading all aspects of the due diligence process with the appropriate business stakeholders throughout the organization. Following an acquisition, you will assist in the matters related to integration.
When not focused on corporate transactions, you will support Udemy’s FP&A team. You will bring best practices and thoughtful approaches to modeling the business while monitoring performance against business objectives. You will also be responsible for delivering value-added revenue and business analysis that leads to insightful and accurate decision-making. The role is a highly visible role within Udemy and works cross-functionally to prepare timely and accurate forecasts, along with participating in special projects.
You roll up your sleeves and dive into all activities associated with building businesses. You seek to understand the “bigger picture” and the strategic value of your work. You are humble and curious. You understand marketplace or enterprise businesses, build detailed financial models, and distill findings into actionable business insights. You possess a collaborative approach to problem solving and foster effective relationships with cross-functional departments to deliver accurate results. You seek to understand business drivers, initiatives, and blockers. You are organized, able to balance priorities, and communicate well. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management, functions, and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment, and are able to influence outcomes globally.
What you'll do:
- Dive deep into the education technology ecosystem to analyze the public and private companies in the industry as well as relevant products.
- Work closely with Leaders at Udemy to identify areas of interest.
- Engage with external parties to develop relationships with key teams
- Build the businesses cases and financial models to support any related strategic initiatives.
- Own cross-functional projects related to acquisitions and integrations from start to finish.
- Exhibit strong presentation skills with an ability to articulate recommendations to a diverse audience.
We're excited because you'll have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance or related field.
- 4+ years relevant experience in investment banking, corporate finance, venture capital, or private equity.
- Thoughtful financial modeling capabilities with a keen attention to business levers.
- Strong systems aptitude and expert-level proficiency in Excel and other financial modeling tools (SQL and BI tools a plus).
- Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage projects with a thoughtful level of attention.
- Understanding of GAAP revenue recognition standards and accruals
- Excellent communication skills
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description