Corporate Strategy Manager
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the role
We’re seeking a Corporate Strategy Manager to boost Chime’s competitive intelligence and refine its business strategy. As an early member of our lean, but highly visible and impactful Corporate Strategy and Development Team, you will play a key part in helping Chime make considered, data-driven strategic decisions. You will help us map out our competitive landscape and industry benchmarks, structure financial analyses that drive business results, and develop frameworks that guide the executive team. We are looking for someone with demonstrated experience in and enthusiasm for conducting rigorous industry and business research, and synthesizing complex findings into actionable insights. Your work will directly help Chime position itself for long-term success as an industry-changing leader.
- Assess critical business and strategic levers, conduct rigorous research, and make recommendations through a data-driven process that ultimately position Chime for long-term success
- Develop addressable market analyses and assess industry economics
- Own Chime’s competitive intelligence desk, which provides coverage of the competitive landscape, including financial results and KPIs of both public incumbents and peer consumer FinTech startups
- Assess Chime’s performance and competitive positioning against benchmark metrics across the industry landscape
- Develop thought leadership on emerging trends in payments and financial technology
- Communicate actionable learnings from market and competitive intelligence to key stakeholders in product, engineering, BD, marketing, and risk
- Play a key role in preparing the company to successfully complete financing rounds
- 4-6 years of experience in equity research, investment banking, PE / VC / hedge funds, strategy consulting; prior experience at a high-growth technology, payments, or FinTech startup a plus
- Exceptional research, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Eagerness to dive deep into the details
- Ability to independently execute on projects with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders, cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Strong understanding of corporate finance principles
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.