Wish is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to support our Data & Relevancy Team in San Francisco. The role entails driving analytics insights and enable senior leadership to make effective, analytically driven decisions, in particular area of finance. The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of databases and data visualization, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling operations through automation.
What you'll Do:
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. revenue, customer, merchant) to gain insights that will drive financial business decisions.
- Conceptualize and build centralized tools (including pipelines) that can extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams globally, assimilating requirements, driving results in the form of data insights and being liaison between engineers and business partners.
- Develop dashboards and visualizations for the business stakeholders and maintain the integrity of the reports.
- Investigate monetary impact on new programs and assist with ad-hoc requests.
- Process a large amount of data and do deep dives to understand certain trends/patterns, carry out correlation analysis to identify causes and relatedness.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an analytical field or similar.
- 3+ years of work experience in doing finance/business data analysis.
- Proficiency in SQL or other query languages, deep experience and strengths to develop complex queries.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, PHP, Perl, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to transform data into business insights and actionable recommendations.
- Experience working with large data sets that are structured and partially structured.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau etc.).
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com orwish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description