Data Analyst Manager (East Bay, CA)
Data Analyst Manager
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
What you'll do:
- Drive current and future strategy by leveraging your analytical skills
- Assist with building and using models to test and validate data
- Work with vast amounts of data in new and evolving environments
- Be a part of growing and developing our brand in new and emerging markets
- Leverage analytics to create a customer experience above our peers
- Lead a team of talented junior analysts on an exciting professional journey while mentoring them and elevating their careers
- Be a part of the full life cycle of projects and see end results
- Collaborate across business units
- Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and good data are a top priority
- Experience real work life balance, with little travel involved
On any given day you will be:
- Mining data to arrive at specific and crucial information for the organization
- Identifying and implementing process, data, and reporting improvements for the organization
- Working with large and complex databases containing millions to billions of records
- Improving operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Conducting analysis to evaluate processes and tests
- Extracting and analyzing data to gauge product offerings
- Consulting on the design and implementation of new production and data storage systems
- Developing and implementing strategic tests of products, initiatives and marketing materials
- Managing up to 3 people
An ideal candidate will be on the leading edge of Analytical technology with a passion for the newest and most innovative tools. Possessing strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are also important. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams. This role will have a strong Business Intelligence component and those with a BI background are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree plus at least 6 years of experience in data analytics, or Master's Degree plus at least 4 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD plus at least 1 year of experience in data analytics
- At least 4 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 4 years of programming experience
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- Master's Degree
- At least 7 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 1 years of project management experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Python, R, Spark or SQL
- At least 1 year of experience in Tableau
- Proficient utilizing and developing within AWS service
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).