Data Analyst, Marketing at Notion (San Francisco, CA)
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
Notion’s mission is to make toolmaking ubiquitous. We are rapidly growing our business to empower every individual to build their own tools, block by block. As our first marketing analyst, you will play a critical role in accelerating Notion's growth by building and improving how we measure the impact of all of our marketing efforts. You will work closely with our marketing, data science and engineering teams to inform and define marketing metrics and targets, analyze campaign performance, build monitoring dashboards for key marketing channels, and shape the processes for how we measure and analyze marketing data across Notion.
What You'll Achieve:
- You will apply your expertise in data mining and data presentation, as well as your deep knowledge of marketing channels and platforms, to identify opportunities for improving Notion's marketing strategy beyond the numbers.
- You will partner closely with all marketing teams to make critical decisions about where we invest our marketing efforts, understanding the impact of our business, and building segmentations and metrics.
- You will collaborate with your teams to determine both north star and operational metrics, and build and maintain dashboards that these teams rely on for monitoring progress, understanding our users and making decisions.
- You will influence your team's roadmap by sharing your findings with the rest of the company, and driving and verifying change in our marketing channel spend. (Insights are useful, but impact is even better!)
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You have spent meaningful time as a data analyst/data scientist partnering with business functions ideally with various marketing teams. You can draw on that experience to identify where data can have the most impact and clearly communicate to your partner teams what that impact is.
- You relish turning ambiguous questions and problems into clear deliverables and insights.
- You are an expert in SQL and have experience with Excel.
- You have built clean data visualizations and dashboards before using modern business intelligence tools (Tableau, Looker etc).
- You are comfortable transforming raw data to build your own data sets if the measure you need doesn't exist yet.
- You have a bias for using the right tools to get a job done with maximum efficiency. You have experience making tradeoffs between speed and accuracy.
Nice to Haves:
- You have worked at a fast-growing start-up.
- You are familiar with a scripting language for analytics, ideally Python or R.
- You have experience at a B2B SaaS company.
- You have solid experience working with marketing teams to drive decision-making.
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $140,000 - $190,000 per year.