Data Analyst at Unity Technologies
The Data Analyst on Unity’s Real-time Learning Team will lead the data identification, extraction, synthesis, and communication needs to reflect the growth, retention and advancement metrics based on Unity learner experiences. Specifically, you will lead the work on existing data as well as identify new data that will lead to deeper customer insights. You will work cross-functionally with the Social Impact team, user research team and various data centers and owners across Unity.
We want to hear from you if: you’re experienced with capturing, synthesizing and communicating data to drive critical business decisions. If you enjoy working cross-functionally, and collaboration is evident in your previous work. If you’re super responsive to team and product needs, pulling from your toolkit of best practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify, extract, and transform data from multiple distributed systems
- Handle all data manipulations and daily reporting needs for the Unity Social Impact team - including user acquisition, churn and engagement data across a variety of products and platforms
- Develop dashboards and reports with clear, action-oriented insights
- Provide “voice of the customer” data insights for professional, hobbyists, student and educator learners to the company
- Recognize additional data that should be pulled to drive decisions
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in an analytical role and a track record of successful application of diverse analytical approaches
- Strong SQL and Excel skills required
- Experience with data visualization tools (Unity uses DataStudio, Periscope and Looker)
- Understanding of statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions
- 1-2 years experience of analytical work supporting the educational vertical within Unity
You might also have:
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished in use of one of the statistical software packages like R, SAS or Python machine learning modules
- Experience with scripting languages a strong plus
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.