Data Engineer at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
As a data engineer, you will build the scalable tools needed to support all data customers of Reddit. You will bring your experience working with data warehouse systems, passion for performance and quality, and ability to understand data needs across multiple product surfaces to a team of top engineers. You will work with data scientists, ML engineers, and product teams to solve business problems at a massive scale, shaping not only product decisions but also the future of Reddit.
- Build and scale data warehouse systems that support complex analysis across our data science, ML, infrastructure, product, and experimentation teams.
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering requirements.
- Own data quality for crucial systems at Reddit, and serve as a primary resource for data expertise.
- Define and manage SLA for data sets that support production services.
- 3+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 3+ years experience working with large scale ETL systems (implementation and maintenance).
- 3+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Fluent in Python and SQL
- Bonus points for background in data science, analytics, or data mining
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the company.