Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle.
Ginger is transforming how behavioral healthcare is delivered by making it easy for people to get the support they need, when they need it, through on-demand coaching, teletherapy, telepsychiatry, and guided self-care.
Businesses purchase Ginger for their employee’s or member’s benefit. Through Ginger’s secure mobile app, people around the world receive immediate emotional support that’s personalized to their needs, and completely confidential. Ginger’s high-quality, team-based care works — 70% of people show significant improvement after 12 weeks of using Ginger.
At Ginger, people are at the heart of what we do. We believe that diverse and inclusive teams make our company better. Teams with individuals that bring different perspectives to challenges are more innovative, collaborative, and create better solutions. We’re building a workplace that actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. Come join us!
Fast Company called Ginger one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and the World Economic Forum named us a Technology Pioneer.
About the Role:
At Ginger, we aim to provide better mental health care to humanity at a scale larger than has ever been possible before. This is no small task and as an expanding team we are working on a number of initiatives to achieve this, including aggressively building tools to simultaneously grow our reach and improve quality of care.
What You'll Do:
Standing at the center of multiple teams (data science, engineering) and core systems, you'll..
- Open up our data to uncover important patterns at the level of individuals and sub-populations.
- Surface, serve and persist key actionable insights in mental health, healthy habit formation, goal pursuit, and care efficacy.
- Help us scale our services using modern distributed processing tools and GPUs in the cloud (AWS)
- Collaborate with product to ideate and unlock features which derive as much actionable information from our data (text, media, activity etc) as possible.
- Help architect systems for near-real-time delivery of recommendations, care insights and other time-critical information to coaches and members.
- Design lightweight data schemas appropriate for storing, organizing and joining processed communication and care analytics.
- Devise the tooling that takes us from algorithm prototype to production and can track data/model lineage and statistical drift through time.
- Develop pipelines that efficiently and reliably route output of machine learning algorithms to consumer processes and persistence mechanisms.
- Own operational scalability of our algorithms, systems and data models.
- Stand up infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python and AWS tools.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders including the Data, Product, Engineering, Security and Executive teams to support their data accessibility needs.
- Databases SQL/NoSQL 4+ years
- Cloud platform experience 3+ years
- SQL 4+ years
- Schema design 2+ years
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) 2+ years
- Deployment pipelines 2+ years
- Python 2+ years
- Deploying to production systems with active customers 2+ years
- Distributed computing (e.g Spark, Hadoop etc.) 3+ years
- Infrastructure monitoring 1+ years
- Wide variety of data warehouse, data lake (s3) etc familiarity
- Analytics experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Project lead (self-managing) 1+ years
- Bachelors in technical field or experiential equivalent
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) 3+ years
- AWS Lambda, Sagemaker
- Docker / Kubernetes
- DB performance engineering
- Machine Learning (ML) 1+ years
- Running ML on GPUs 1+ years
- Python 3+ years
- Strong analytics intuition grounded in significant experience
- Experience in the healthcare space
- Masters in technical field or experiential equivalent