Data Engineer at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform with global reach. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and effective shopping mall in the world. Through the Wish platform, we are creating a relevant, entertaining, and personalized shopping experience for each individual consumer.
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unique and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release every day to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. We’re looking for engineers to work on our massive semi-structured datasets.
You'll develop software to process, transform and analyze the data to identify signals from billions of events we collect every day. You'll provide insights that improve the experience of hundreds of millions of users worldwide. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
What You'll Do
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products
- Develop data infrastructure that is able to ingest and transform data at a huge scale coming from many different sources, different customers, and in many different varieties
- Brainstorm data product ideas with our product managers and engineers who built some of the most exciting data products that hundreds of millions people use every day
Who You Are
- 2+ Years of experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer
- BA/BS in a quantitative or computer science field
- Fluency in SQL and a programming language.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
- Quick learner - we face new challenges every day.
- Expert in coding. We develop real products
- Experienced in distributed, scalable systems. We have massive scale
- Self-Sufficient - we are a billion-dollar startup, so everyone might do a bit of everything to get things done. We are looking for people who want to excel at everything they do, while still being able to prioritize between the must-haves and nice-to-haves.
- Experience in data visualization a plus.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description