Data Engineer at Wish (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unique and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release every day to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. We’re looking for engineers to work on our massive semi-structured datasets.
You'll develop software to process, transform and analyze the data to identify signals from billions of events we collect every day. You'll provide insights that improve the experience of hundreds of millions of users worldwide. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and Develop data collecting and processing systems to handle large data sets. You’ll have the opportunity to design innovative data solutions and solve challenging problems.
- Design, Develop and Support highly-parallel, and fault-tolerant applications.
- Build and integrate scalable backend systems, services, platforms, and tools
- Contribute to the design and code of complex data pipelines operating on production data
- Optimize current approaches to efficiently handle ever-increasing volumes of data
- Build proof of concept using modern technologies and convert them into production-grade implementation.
- Create best-practice reports and dashboards based on data mining, analysis, and visualization
- 5 + years of experience as a Software Engineer or Data Engineer using Python, java or any other programming language
- Expertise with SQL and data storage systems
- Experience and knowledge of modern data warehouse, pipeline and reporting/analytic techniques and tools such as Airflow, Presto/Hive, Spark, or any other scheduling frameworks, Tableau or other reporting tools
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services or other cloud computing platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Experience in data visualization a plus.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.