Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and automates the inventory and ordering process. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
What You'll Do
Skupos is seeking a Data Engineer to help build the foundation of our big data platform. As we pave the way for our data product offerings, you will architect, develop and deploy data solutions at scale using modern data technologies. You will have an opportunity to drive the tech stack for this platform. Come, join us and be in charge of your career trajectory and leverage coaching/mentorship opportunities with your manager to write your own success story at Skupos and beyond.
- Build data pipelines for the end to end data ecosystem:
- Data integration and Ingestion from multiple external data providers/partners.
- Data processing in accordance with product requirements, ensuring data security and compliance throughout the pipeline.
- Data Storage layer - Maintain a Single Source of Truth.
- Data Access layer - Make data available for reporting, dashboards, analytics, business intelligence needs.
- Data Science and Machine Learning modeling.
- Collaborate with cross-functional technical, product and business teams to take ownership of data projects to ensure a complete end to end customer experience.
- Research and recommend technologies to build data solutions at scale with near real-time processing of data using service oriented architecture.
- Improve project delivery and decrease process redundancy and overhead.
- Foster a lean agile development culture within the team with emphasis on code quality and software best practices.
- Join the foundational core data engineering team and play an instrumental role in hiring your future teammates.
What You Should Have
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building big data pipelines using streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark, or similar) in cloud environments.
- 5+ years experience in database technologies, including RDBMS, NoSQL, Document storage, graphs, and distributed file systems.
- Advanced skills with functional programming languages (Scala, Python, R, Java, or similar)
- Experience with data warehouse architecture and data modeling for Business Intelligence.
- Working knowledge of BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Snowflake, or similar)
- Excellent attention to detail and focused on execution through rapid iterations.
- Self Motivated individual with strong ethics who brings the best version of themselves to raise the bar for the entire team.
What Makes You A Great Fit
- Startup experience
- Subject matter knowledge on retail industry
- Experience building SAAS software
What we offer
● Competitive salary
● Healthcare benefits
● Commuter benefits
● Major role in a strong, small and growing development team
● Be a part of a key platform of product offerings to the retail convenience store industry
What are your goals and aspirations? Build your technical skills, business acumen, and leadership with Skupos.
Read Full Job Description