MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
- Help maintain the roadmap, prioritize tasks, and make sure everyone in the team is working towards a clear goal.
- Understand the existing data platform in order to see how it can be used to help Product teams.
- Channel requests by Product teams, understand where they fit in the Data platform, and prioritize them.
- Propose and develop pragmatic and non-bureaucratic methodologies that help the Data Platform team deliver quality results in a timely manner.
- Make sure the achievements of the Data team are visible to the rest of MURAL.
- Work as part of a team. We value team players who share their knowledge and like collaborating with others.
- Provide your insight and knowledge about working with Data platforms and engineers.
- Mentor and coach the members of the team.
- 2+ years experience in a technical management role managing a Data Engineering team.
- Previous hands-on Data Engineering experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, preferably a MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field or someone who has the equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with Data Lakes, Data Meshes and Data Warehouses.
- Proficiency using JIRA or similar tool.
- Knowledge of OKRs, KPIs or similar methodologies.
- Experience with AWS (Redshift, Athena, Lambda).
- Knowledge of modern data architectures, solutions and practices.
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Spark and Amazon EMR.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL, and being capable of writing non-trivial SQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
Ideally you have...
- Some knowledge of data pipeline and workflow tools such as Airflow or Luigi.
- Some knowledge of message brokers and event streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka.
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.