Data Science Manager, Buyer Risks at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
At Wish, our Data Science & Engineering team is composed of Data Scientists, Data Analysts & Data Engineers who focus on centralizing corporate data in order to gain insights, knowledge and scalability that empower a proactive and rigorous analysis of key business indicators. Our mission is to derive wisdom from data via the application of Data Science.
Wish has exciting opportunities for talented Data Science Manager on our Buyer Risk Data Science team. This is a unique opportunity to protect 100+ million MAU and billions of dollars of traffic each month from fraud attacks. Successful candidates will have extensive backgrounds in quantitative fields and significant experience with fraud/risk, ecommerce and machine learning at scale.
- Energetic and flexible. We own the actions. We own the impact. We iterate fast because fraudsters do. And we take fraud seriously.
- Tech lead and role model. You are the team’s role model for technical excellence and communication style. You will lead the technical decisions and bring up the team’s capabilities in Machine Learning and Fraud Analytics.
- Leader of the people. 3+ years of experience leading elite data science and cross functional teams on end to end development and deployment of business AI/ML projects, achieving a balance between business needs and team members’ personal career goals.
- Domain expertise. 5+ years of hands-on experience in risk management and the unique challenges applying quantitative analysis in this area, such as the conflicting goals of growth and risks. You are a domain expert, you know the right timing for the right decisions, and you know where to look for signs of trouble before they become obvious.
- Business acumen. 5+ years of experience solving business problems with quantitative methods. You understand business priorities, pain points and root causes as if they were your own, and always proactively identify and propose long term data driven solutions to help shaping strategic and tactical decision making.
- Product sense. You always start from business problems, not technical details. Even better, you start from the press release of the final product, and the FAQ you might anticipate from customers, management and stakeholders.
- Everything data, automated. 5+ years of experience streamlining and automating quantitative model implementation and monitoring processes, including data visualization and anomaly alerting.
- Stakeholder management. 5+ years of managing stakeholders, complex multi-team project management, taking end-to-end responsibilities, and ownership over a project.
- Theory and practice of Data Engineering. 5+ years of hands-on industrial experience on most data models and big data technologies. We solve problems with advanced skills, and we take pride in our work.
- System design and programming. 5+ years of hands-on industrial experience with DE system design and implementation. We productionize code ourselves, and we love it to be clean.
- Education. Ph.D. in statistics, or a related quantitative field, from a top university.
- Top talent and thought leader. Publications at top analytics conferences; patents and/or significant contribution to the open source community.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.