Data Scientist (Ads) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Data driven decision-making is an integral part of life at Wish. It drives our success with customers and merchants. We’re looking for talented Data Scientists to continue to drive decisions company-wide through the use of statistical modeling and machine learning.
You should have an extensive background in a quantitative field, a strong research background, and experience working with large data sets. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and the success of a product.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze web scale data to discover patterns and provide actionable insights
- Research and develop statistical learning models
- Collaborate with product, engineering and business teams to define and design algorithmic solutions
- Stay up-to-date with latest technology trends and apply advanced algorithms to improve customer experience and/or increase marketplace efficiency
- Support all iterations of data driven product feature development from algorithm design, production implementation to experimentation and measurement
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or similar
- 4+ years experience in Personalization, Search, Deep Learning, Operations Research or a related field
- Hands on experience with large scale data processing software and tools (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce etc)
- Strong coding experience and knowledge of object oriented programming
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.