Data Scientist - Data & Relevancy at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams to take on a variety of tasks including but not limited to mining data, building models, building dashboards, and conducting detailed analysis.The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of databases, visualization, and modeling techniques, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines. This role demands a data scientist that will drive high impact to the company by providing critical insights to product catalogs, help inform business processes and support the development of predictive analytics.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop dashboards and recurring reports
- Develop scalable, efficient automated pipeline to process massive datasets, identify patterns from unstructured data and produce actionable insights
- Work closely with software engineering, business operations and finance teams to solve problems and improve processes
- Implement the strategies and set up A/B test experiments to gauge the impact, and reiterate
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or similar)
- 5+ years Python, R, or Matlab experience
- 4+ years experience writing complex SQL queries in a business environment
- 4+ years experience with Tableau, OBIEE or other visualization tools
- 3+ years experience operating in a Unix/Linux environment
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and influence others
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.