PicnicHealth is a San Francisco-based, venture-backed health tech startup with the mission of structuring the world’s medical data to make it useful. Our business is two-sided: We give patients the first truly useful and complete personal health record by doing all the legwork to collect, digitize, and organize medical records from all of their providers. In addition, patients can support new medical breakthroughs if they choose to contribute their anonymized medical histories to studies PicnicHealth sponsors with leading researchers. Patients get the PicnicHealth service free of charge, life sciences researchers get critical data on how diseases look in the real world, and academic researchers get free access to data sets that drive cutting edge medical research.
It's an exciting time to join the PicnicHealth team - we just announced our Series B raise and are growing quickly in revenue, partnerships, and people. We 3x'd our ARR two years in a row now and on track to continue this trend, building partnerships with over a dozen Life Sciences groups, including 3 of the top 6 Biopharma firms in the US. We’re going through a period of hyper-growth - we tripled the size of the team in the last 18 months and we’re looking to at least double over the next year. We have a collaborative and engaged team culture that is mission driven and excited about the technology we’re building and real solutions we’re offering patients.
We are looking for both individual contributors as well as a data science team lead. At PicnicHealth, data science is at the core of how we cost-effectively retrieve and transform medical records into structured shareable data. Our teams recruit patients to partner’s research studies, manage a large workforce of professionals who lend their expertise to the process of extracting clinical information, and build software tools to make these processes efficient. We are building up our team of talented data scientists to arm these teams with data-driven insights to make informed operational and strategic decisions. This role provides a unique opportunity to work with continuous real-world operations data, to be tightly coupled to the actions taken based on one’s analyses, and to drive significant impact within PicnicHealth’s core business.
Our ideal team member will have equal parts communication and analytical skills. You possess a strong sense of curiosity and a desire to contribute to a business that impacts the daily lives of chronic disease patients, as well as the doctors and scientists helping them. You ask analytical questions and possess the technical know-how to translate models into code, code into numbers, and numbers into operations decisions. You have a strong desire to shape our growing team of data scientists as PicnicHealth scales to meet customer demand. You are a kind, passionate, and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback.
As a Data Scientist at PicnicHealth you will:
- Work with a cross-functional team to model continually-evolving operations scenarios, drive analytical decision, and communicate actionable insights
- Become an expert in the data we collect, understanding how to extract timely insights via SQL, and helping evolve our instrumentation to boost insight into company operations
- Use PicnicHealth’s data to enable the company to deliver the highest quality product to patients and doctors, as well as groundbreaking research datasets to power medical innovations throughout the world
- Take technical ownership of the data and analyses that power different corners of our business, becoming an authority for our data engineers as they build the infrastructure to democratize data across the company
- Help continue to build a world-class Data Science team, by helping attract, interview, and onboard your future team members during this exciting time of growth.
You’re a strong candidate if:
- You hold a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline with 2-3 years of industry experience
- You love working with data and have experience exploring it with a critical eye
- You are proficient in Python/SQL (or another programming language and are committed to becoming an expert in Python and SQL)
- You are an excellent communicator, both oral and written, and can effectively adapt your tone, content, and approach to diverse audiences
- You are self-motivated, flexible, proactive, and enjoy coming up with elegant and innovative solutions to challenging problems
- You know how to balance attention to detail with execution against tight timelines
- You are passionate about our grassroots patient-centric mission to improve healthcare through technology
Why join PicnicHealth?
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Parental leave
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds while we're working remotely during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, currently all roles are remote until at least until July 2021. Once in-person work is safe for all team members, this role would be based out of our beautiful office in the Mission District of San Francisco or could be remote eligible.
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.