Data Scientist Lead - Buyer risk at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
The Risk Data Scientist lead will be leading a team of world-class data scientists, data analysts and data engineers in building the next generation of detection systems. You will partner with engineering, product management and Risk operations to create industry leading solutions to protect the security and integrity of the business and its esco-system. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience building machine learning models in a production environment, with a strong business sense and domain expertise in fraud and risk.
What you'll be doing
- Provide inspirational leadership for a team of diverse data skill sets including Data Scientists, Business Analysts and Data Engineers
- Staff, mentor, manage and retain world-class analytics and data science staff
- Work with product and engineering on data analytics and machine learning road maps
- Solve mission-critical business problems with appropriate statistical rigor
- Partner with product leaders and provide deep strategic insights
- Serve as the data point of contact for the buyer risk team
- Build out a world class anti-fraud system from the ground up for one of the largest e-commerce sites.
Who you are:
- Required: SQL, Python, Linux shell scripting
- Graduate (PhD preferred) degree in Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in Data Science, Business Analytics, Deep Learning, Statistical Research or a related field
- 2+ years of leadership and people management experience
- Hands on experience building machine learning models for anti-fraud, abuse or risk management end-to-end
- Strong SQL skills. Ability to code in Python/RExperience with
- Experience with large scale data processing software and tools (Hadoop, Spark, or MapReduce etc)
- Strong communication and visualization skills
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description