Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform with global reach. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and effective shopping mall in the world. Through the Wish platform, we are creating a relevant, entertaining, and personalized shopping experience for each individual consumer.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams to build models and dashboards to monitor transactions and ensure compliance.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of databases, visualization, and modeling techniques, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling transaction monitoring through automation.
What you will do:
- Develop dashboards for transaction monitoring
- Create recurring data reports and maintain the integrity of the reports
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for transaction monitoring
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- Help stakeholders and end-users to best leverage the monitoring system
- Develop solutions to optimize transaction monitoring operations
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or similar)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- 2+ years Python, R, or Matlab experience
- 2+ years work experience including business analytics and project management
- 2+ years experience writing complex SQL queries in a business environment
- 2+ years experience with Tableau, OBIEE or other visualization tools
- 2+ years experience operating in a Unix/Linux environment
Nice to have:
- Experience in e-commerce, on-line, or payments companies in transaction monitoring functions, especially anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (AML/CTF) transaction monitoring
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and influence others
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
- Hands-on risk and fraud experience strongly preferred
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description