Data Scientist at Forge (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
We are seeking a highly skilled and innovative Data Scientist to join our scalable machine learning and AI engineering team. As a Data Scientist, you will play a crucial role in analyzing data, developing models, and implementing cutting-edge algorithms to solve complex problems using machine learning and AI techniques.
- Utilize advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to analyze and extract insights from large and complex datasets.
- Design and develop predictive models, generative models, classification algorithms, and recommendation systems to address specific business challenges.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define outcomes, identify data requirements, and develop strategies for data collection and preprocessing.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and feature engineering to extract meaningful features from raw data.
- Implement and optimize machine learning algorithms, ensuring scalability and efficiency.
- Evaluate and validate models using appropriate evaluation metrics and statistical methods.
- Continuously monitor model performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and make recommendations for model enhancements.
- Stay updated on the latest advancements in machine learning, AI, and data science, and proactively explore innovative approaches to problem-solving.
- Communicate findings and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders through visualizations, reports, papers, and presentations.
- Extensive background in data science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of building ML pipelines for business application experience.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or R, and experience with machine learning libraries (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis, data mining techniques, and machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in feature engineering, model selection, and hyperparameter optimization.
- Proficient in data visualization tools and techniques to effectively communicate complex findings.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks and distributed systems (e.g., Spark, Hadoop) is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and their machine learning services (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud) is desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar role or projects demonstrating practical application of machine learning and AI techniques is preferred.
- Financial Services Background
- Experience with modeling tools such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, numpy, pandas, scipy etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS Step Functions, Sagemaker, Lambda, Glue or similar.
- Experience building web APIs
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $160,000 - $170,000 + bonus & equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, bonus, and other factors
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.