Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
At Coinbase, our vision is to build an open financial system for the world, and to get there we’ll need to continually learn from our data. Data scientists are focused on this critical step of converting data into learning.
You’ll spend part of your time collaborating closely with business partners in product, engineering, finance and marketing teams — to ensure we’re focused on the biggest opportunities and interpreting our data correctly. And you’ll spend the other part of your time with the Data team building analytics models and systems that help scale our insights more broadly, both throughout the company and directly in the product. We expect you to demonstrate clear communication, strong desire to execute and best-in-class craftsmanship.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Measure business performance, develop core metrics and create dashboards to track and understand them.
- Identify data, metrics and analyses needs for business partners; Initiate, develop and maintain data pipelines and data models that powers dashboards and data products with outstanding craftsmanship.
- Perform deep analyses and build models to understand customer behavior, and extract key insights that impact product decisions.
- Synthesize data learnings into compelling stories and communicate them throughout Coinbase.
- Act as a strategic partner to functional teams and Coinbase executives; initiate and execute on data-driven analyses to help prioritize opportunities and provide actionable recommendations
- Prototype new analytics & machine learning models that improve both our insights and the product directly.
- Work across multiple subject matter experts to drive new data initiatives, automation of reports, establish best practices and mentor junior members in the team.
- Lead analytics projects to completion.
- Work with the broader Data team to find ways to scale our insights through better systems and automation.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrate our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- Understanding of statistical concepts and experience in applying them.
- Experience in data analyses using SQL.
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python, Java, Ruby, Scala/Spark, or Perl).
- Be able to independently create plans for analytics projects and build collaboration within the team.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to haves:
- Be able to proactively manage prioritization of work and deliver work with great quality and influence the broader team in creating leverage.
- Previous experience working with financial services data is a plus.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other business intelligence platforms.
- Domain experience in product, marketing, growth, or other business analytics areas.
- Experience manipulating large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.