Data Solutions Architect (San Francisco, CA)
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect within the Enterprise Technology function who will have the opportunity to demonstrate & provide technical skills to help shape strategy, architecture, design, and implementation of scalable solutions for the Data Intelligence team. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing environment. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
The enterprise technology team supports insights with data and the technical systems that give our teams leverage to accomplish their goals. We work cross-functionally with Asana’s business teams to understand their objectives and ensure they have the data and technical support they need to reach our audience.
What you’ll achieve
- Design a scalable, long-term architecture to address complex business problems.
- Conduct workshops with senior stakeholders in Sales, Finance, and Engineering teams to collate technical and functional requirements.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, utilizing strong business acumen.
- Analyze current business practices, processes, and procedures, identifying opportunities for leveraging Data & Analytics solutions on multiple platforms.
- Develop comprehensive solution proposals outlining project scope, approach, deliverables, and timeline.
- Provide architectural expertise for Sales, Finance, and other analytics projects.
- Identify risks, assumptions, and design Data & Analytics solutions.
- Oversee the implementation of solutions, providing guidance to delivery teams.
- Mentor and guide junior team members in all aspects of technical solutioning.
- 15-20 years of experience in Big Data, data warehouse, and data analytics projects, with at least 2 years as a solutions architect.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record in building large-scale enterprise data architectures using commercial and/or open-source Data Analytics technologies.
- Prior experience in developing data products for lead-to-renewal processes and finance simplification.
- Ability to estimate complexity, effort, and cost, and produce solution architecture and business understandable presentations.
- Excellent communication skills to lead and facilitate workshops.
- Strong expertise in data stack technologies, including Snowflake, S3, Databricks, Snaplogic, and Tableau.
- Proficiency in data modeling and architecting, with a strong foundation in data warehousing concepts, data normalization, and dimensional data modeling (e.g., OLAP or data vault).
- Good knowledge of DevOps engineering using Continuous Integration/Delivery tools.
- In-depth understanding of Cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP) and experience integrating them into traditional hosting/delivery models.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $196,000- $265,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.