Director, Business Intelligence & Growth (San Francisco, CA)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Director, Business Intelligence & Growth. In this high visibility role, you will be a strategic business partner to our CRO and Employer GTM leadership team focused on strategy and operations thru business intelligence. You will partner with cross-functional teams in defining, understanding and executing our data strategy and delivering key insights to inform our strategic priorities. You will apply your strategic planning, strong analytical skills, and steadfast focus on execution to meet our growth goals. The right candidate is a collaborative problem-solver, analytics guru, and an operator who balances strategy with tactical execution. You’ll play a meaningful role in providing insightful analyses and strategic recommendations on how Handshake expands it’s business to the go-to-market leadership team. You are a strategic thinker with a bias toward action, and are able to drive alignment across senior leadership. You lead with empathy and advocate internally on behalf of Handshake customers and Employer Sales.
- Be a key partner to our CRO, CFO and CEO and drive the segment go-to-market strategy across new markets, acquisition, expansion and retention.
- Track our business performance and KPIs and lead our field forecasting process, triangulating across data sources and methodologies to deliver accurate forecasts and insights to our senior leaders.
- Coordinate the annual planning process on behalf of the RevOps team and partner with finance to integrate financial and operational planning processes.
- Drive segment level financial planning models to inform financial planning and quota setting
- Develop strategies and implement programs to maximize growth from prospects and existing customers
- Collaborate with Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product on go-to-market initiatives, long-range annual planning, and board reporting
- Deliver data analyses that inform segmentation, territory design, quota setting, comp strategy and performance management for field and self-serve channels
- Own leadership level dashboards to manage business performance against KPIs
- Represent business requirements in cross-functional initiatives and partner with centralized operations team to drive transformation in planning, data analysis, systems, and process
- Able to support self-serve or field segment strategy & operations as needed
- Hire, develop, and manage sales operations professionals to support the growth of the team
- 7+ years operating in a SaaS B2B company with demonstrated experience working with global sales teams and supporting an Enterprise-level product
- Led market opportunity sizing and expansion efforts to new geos, specifically in EMEA
- Strategic, structured thinker with strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Effective, clear, and executive level communication skills, verbal and written
- Data expert, able to develop dashboards and reports to support monthly and quarterly reporting cadence
- Aptitude for framing business questions with data, translating business needs into strategies, and operationalizing plans to drive outcomes
- Experience driving or supporting financial planning processes
- Authentic and demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional projects end-to-end and strong project management skills
- Highly disciplined operator with a solution-oriented mindset, ownership mentality, and strong comfort level working in high-growth & performance-focused environments
- Understanding of Enterprise B2B SaaS sales cycle/customer lifecycle and go-to-market models and processes
- Manage, develop, and mentor sales operations professionals
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience leading sales enablement efforts to improve rep productivity
- Proven track record as a people leader and ability to build high-performing teams
- MBA, Management Consulting and/or Investment banking experience
- $220,000-$240,000 OTE 267,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.