Director, Data & Insights for Strategic Operations
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who’s used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with partners across Product, Engineering, Operations and Growth to develop business insights and make actionable recommendations. We’re looking for passionate analysts to come work alongside us to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems. You’ll dig into the data to uncover insights, design dashboards and measure the impact and ultimately help influence decision-making across the entire organization.
What You Will Do
- Own Tonal’s data-driven decision making, including Product & Business Analytics, KPI tracking and managing our BI platform/dashboards
- Structure and execute operational initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations
- Build, manage and own company KPI dashboard; including partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to define metrics, targets and drive accountability across teams
- Work cross-functionally with company executives to inform, set, and drive company strategy through data and insights
- Partner with operations and commercial leaders to design and continuously improve their processes
- Support our billing and finance teams in ensuring the integrity of reporting for forecasting and corporate reporting
- Understand and prioritize Tonal's analytics needs; assess urgency and develop a queue/process for managing stakeholders
- Put processes in place to drive accountability on company KPI's across the company
- Respond to business needs for curating/building dashboards and reports
- Be a thought leader and subject matter expert on data resources and tools
Who You Are
- 5+ years in a Data Science, Analytics, BI or similar role
- 2+ years working with cross-functional business partners, in particular, VP-level stakeholders
- Experience working closely with product/engineering teams to analyze and understand primary drivers of outcome
- Advanced degree (M.S./PhD) in Data Science, Stats or similar
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
Read Full Job Description