Instacart is looking for an accomplished Director of Data Science with a strong background in growth and marketing. In this position, you will work closely with senior product, engineering and marketing leadership on Instacart’s core growth model, including acquisition (website, paid marketing), conversion (key in-product funnels, notifications) and retention (LTV). You’ll oversee opportunity identification, experiment design, forecasting, goaling and metrics/reporting design to help our growth teams operate effectively. You’ll lead a team of 10+ data scientists and be responsible for scaling your team 2x in the next 12-18 months.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will build and lead a high-performance data science team, including other data science managers, and be responsible for your organization's productivity, operational excellence and business impact
- You will help communicate your team’s work and directly assist senior leaders in decision making
- You will help prioritize and set the vision for your team’s work, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality analyses.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new data scientists with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- BS/MS in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Data Science, Quantitative and/or Growth Analytics
- Programming familiarity with Python or R
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience with leading teams of 10+, including managers
- 2+ years of experience working on growth and/or marketing analytics
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate in cross-functional capacity with leaders in engineering, product, marketing, finance, etc.