Engineering Manager - Data at Blend
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:03 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for pipelining data from a range of data sources; warehousing sensitive data in a secure and compliant manner; and building scalable data products to serve powerful insights to internal and external users. As a core horizontal platform team, the Data Engineering team plays a critical role in project planning, product development, and company operations by providing the foundational components for all analytics needs at Blend. Amongst many interesting projects, we are currently moving from our existing pipeline feeding data into a single Redshift warehouse to the next generation multi-tier pipeline that caters to our sophisticated needs of privacy and security.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who will lead the team to meet our company and our customer’s evolving data needs. Your role will be to support, grow, and advise the software engineers that report to you. You will also collaborate with Engineering, Product, Risk, and other relevant teams to define and hit key company and team goals. You will also serve as an ambassador for data initiatives at Blend, both internal and external, inspiring and pursuing new opportunities to empower the Blend community.
How you’ll contribute:
- Guide a team of talented software engineers and help them achieve a high degree of technical excellence
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals, and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Partner closely with Product, Risk, and other engineering teams to understand platform requirements, identify dependencies and shape the team’s roadmap
Who you are:
- 2+ years professional experience managing software developers
- 5+ years as an engineer working with production software at scale
- Prior experience in working on or managing Data Engineering Teams
- Shown ability to collaborate with other engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Strong advocacy and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong technical background
- Prior experience in building data pipelines
- Prior experience working in industries with highly sensitive data
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description