Fraud Analytics Lead at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Fraud team works cross-functionally with Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, Operations to combat fraudulent activities to foster a safe platform.
This role requires a lot of cross-functional partnership. This individual will be the representative of the Analytics org, leading the charge on refining our Identity Verification and Fraud processes as well as our Application flow! Additionally, this role will work closely with the Machine Learning teams to improve our Fraud solution.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!
What you'll do
- Proactively explore data and identify opportunities to help accelerate product development and improve existing products
- Own end-to-end analytics workflow, including defining success and performance metrics, socializing them across the organization, and creating actionable dashboards and reports
- Set rules, policies, recommendation for fraud risk management
- Evaluate innovative data sources to solve individual identity risk, device risk and transaction risk
- Partner with Machine Learning on building new fraud strategies
- Translate analysis results to recommend rule creation and implementation
- Develop recommendations to optimize the link between the analysis performed by the Fraud strategy team and the work performed by the Risk Ops
- Support new product formation and new vertical exploration
What we look for
- Experience - 5+ years work experience as a data analyst
- Product knowledge - Passion to understand how the product works and how to change to make it more effective
- Technical skills - Fluent in SQL, Experience with Python, or other scripting languages
- Communication - Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Multi-tasking - Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Risk knowledge - Working knowledge of the fundamentals of payment processing and an understanding of industry risk trends, including familiarity with risk strategy development.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsive and available during times of peak fraud activity