Full Stack Data Scientist, Supply DS at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We have an awesome opportunity for a full stack data scientist to work on the supply data science team. If you love organizing, visualizing, and analyzing data, you’re a great fit for Wish. Wish is data driven from the ground up. As a full stack data scientist on supply, you will build pipelines for easy access of data, drive informed decisions on supply areas, and build insights to guide the direction of the team. We’re looking for smart and scrappy data scientists to help accelerate the rate of development.
- Apply your expertise in data pipelines to help clean data and present data in an easily consumable way.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, modeling, visualization to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products
- Partner with engineering, product and business development teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- 2+ years experience doing data related work, including analytics, modeling, or data engineering.
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. Advanced degrees preferred but not required
- Fluency in SQL and at least one other programming language. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, R)
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Have good business sense with the ability to partner with business stake holders
- Good communication skills
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.