Global Senior Research Manager/Director at RingCentral (Peninsula, CA)
Say hello to possibilities.
It’s not everyday that you consider starting a new career. We’re RingCentral, and we’re happy that someone as talented as you is considering this role.
First, a little about us, we’re a global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Marketing Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
What if you could change the way the world communicates?
What if you could share that story with the world?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work. That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral’s cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together. We’re the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in our space - growing at more than 30% every year, with a market capitalization of over $18 billion!
Our Marketing team uses data, strategy and creativity to share that story with the world in the most effective, relevant ways possible. We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Company. RingCentral is a global cloud platform designed to help you run and grow your business. A message, video and phone solution that enables asynchronous conversations, our world class technology powers businesses that depend on reliability, security and accessibility to support their business communication. From massive customer call centers to small office/home office environments, we help you work anywhere, any time and on any device.
Listed as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for UCaaS and CCaaS for six years in a row, our products are only part of what make us great. We were founded more than 20 years ago and continue to grow so that we may continue to reimagine the power of voice and revolutionize the age of business communication.
We’re also proud of our working environment. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources to help you onboard and feel successful in your first 30 days. From our new hire orientation program to our free Pelton membership, we celebrate humanness and hard work. Which is why RingCentral has been granted Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably.
The Team. The market research team is within the larger Marketing organization and is responsible for insights and analytics for; SMB, Enterprise, Brand, Vertical Industries, Partners and Product Marketing. We also lead research for the international marketing teams in the UK, France, Germany and Australia. While very small, we have strong support from the CMO and CBO (Chief Brand Officer) and collaborate with the user research team on various projects.
The Role. You will lead research that looks at business problems with the help of research agencies who will assist you with the final plan, schedule, and published reports. They will run tactics, you drive the strategy. This role is best suited for someone who has been in the marketing research industry for years is now eager to move closer to the business impact and outcomes. You thrive on being asked, “what do we know,” followed by, “what should we do,” and have the conviction, constancy and sense of urgency to keep going. As an individual contributor, you will run all projects end-to-end. Account management and agency experience is appreciated, but not required. The skill set associated with that role will make you more successful. You will be expected to be able to “read-a-room,” “deliver-a-line” and have presence at an executive level. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- 6+ years of experience working in consumer insights, consumer research, or in an analyst/strategy role at a B2B/B2C technology company (ideally some combination thereof, but supplier side experience is a must)
- Completed BA/BS degree in related field (research, psychology, cognitive science, and user experience)
- Experience with data analysis techniques; statistical significance testing, correlations analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis.
- Hands-on experience with behavioral research and analysis skills (e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing data from different kinds of research methodologies)
- Ability to manage a portfolio of research projects with multiple business partners in a dynamic and evolving organization with a client-service mindset
- Proven success influencing decisions and problem solving in complex, matrixed organizations
- Fundamental understanding of SaaS industry (product development process, sales and lexicon)
- Proficiency in Microsoft 360 Apps, Google Sheets, Slides and Docs
- Knowledge of tools like Tableau, Qualtrics, Synthesio, MI Simmons, Google Analytics, preferred
- Support 8a - 5p PST business hours
- Occasional travel to Belmont, CA
- Create research briefs that address business opportunities, problems and questions as key to delivering successful research outcomes to be shared internally for stakeholder alignment and with agencies to execute.
- Scope, lead, and execute research to answer high priority business questions like: Business Health (e.g. NPS, Brand Trackers), Product and Marketing Assessment (e.g. Features tests, Concept Testing), Audience and Category assessments (e.g. Audience Segmentation and Targeting)
- Ability to recommend and execute appropriate methodologies based on business need, timing, and resourcing parameters - able to introduce new research methods, as needed, to elevate the Market Research team as key input for business decisions
- Manage end-to-end project set-up and execution in close collaboration with agency partners and internal business stakeholders
- Analyze data (using a variety of tools and resources) - includes survey-based data and linking to behavioral data when relevant
- Translate research findings into clear business implications and drive increased interest for research through internal presentations, conference participation and events
- Work closely with Product, Business and Brand Marketing Stakeholders to ensure insights are converted to action
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
401K match and ESPP
Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral’s Marketing team uses data, strategy and creativity to share our story with the world—and this is a once-in-a-career chance to help plan, coordinate, implement, and oversee it. As part of the global leader in the Unified Communications space, you’ll be supported with the resources to produce work that not only moves the needle, but moves markets.
RingCentral’s work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.