Head of Growth Analytics
The Analytics team is looking for an experienced leader to build and scale our Growth Analytics organization. As the Head of Growth Analytics, you will lead both the Consumer Analytics team as well as the Marketing Analytics team across all three of our customer audiences (Consumer, Dasher & Merchant). You will leverage data to drive business growth, by uncovering new opportunities and helping us do what we already do 10x better. You will be working on initiatives ranging from building complicated models for cross-channel marketing attribution, to identifying user patterns that directly impact performance and then implement cutting edge automation to enable the Consumer and Marketing teams to drive improvements based on your insights.About the Role
The ideal candidate will have experience building and leading an analytics team, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have experience in data-driven decision making. You will be a great fit if you have a strong bias towards action, enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact. We’re looking for someone who has the technical skills to surface insights quickly, and the interpersonal skills to communicate those insights in a way that persuades action.You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
- Recruit and lead a high-performing team of analysts and data scientists across consumer and marketing analytics
- Leverage data and technology to identify opportunities across the funnel to lower CAC, decrease payback periods, expand our audience base and improve retention
- Develop and implement statistical attribution models to inform our marketing channel spends and effectiveness
- Deploy and manage a Customer Data Platform that can scale rapidly
- Partner with stakeholders - product, engineering, marketing, operations, etc to improve our products and answer questions that their business units are facing
- Be a thought leader and drive rigorous processes for experiment design (A/B testing, multivariate testing, incrementality analysis, etc.) and execution
- Use advanced tools (data mining, clustering, cohort analysis, etc.) to help us understand our users and their behavior and support strategic decision making
- Take ownership of all datasets and develop dashboards and visualizations to present holistic and integrated insights
- Represent the analytics team in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team and founders
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 10+ years of experience in analytics, at least 6+ in marketing or customer analytics for a fast growing company (attribution modeling, media-mix modeling, lead scoring, etc.)
- Experience working closely with executives at mid to large organizations; excellent executive presence and communication
- Strong skills in exploratory data analysis tools such as SQL, SAS, R, Python, Excel.
- Experience in setting up warehouses, ETL, reporting tools, etc.
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Tableau)
- Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude
- Strong analyst-mindset who is attentive to detail and sets a high bar for work produced by the team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.