Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
On the institutional side of our business, some of the world’s most sophisticated clients have chosen Coinbase’s industry leading offerings for both Custody and Trading.
We are growing our Institutional Coverage team and are looking for motivated people to help chart the path of a new and rapidly expanding business. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our institutional clients are both “crypto-forward” and in the traditional investment space. You will be part of a team that cultivates key customer relationships in the US and abroad. This role is embedded in the Institutional Coverage team, and will help develop and execute the strategies to deliver on some of Coinbase’s key growth objectives.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Deliver client-focused research by writing reports based on analysis of internal & external data, and industry news
- Develop and maintain a set of external market indicators based on proprietary data
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on analysis and research to develop a point of view and recommendation for clients
- Keep abreast of financial and crypto market news flow, including analyzing implications and sharing commentary with clients on an ad-hoc and regular basis
- Build and maintain relationships with clients through research and insights
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years relevant experience in an institutional or investment research (equities, portfolio strategy, committees, macroeconomics, etc.) buy or sell-side role.
- Experience writing in a professional capacity (e.g., crafting research notes / correspondence, industry reports).
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills, including comfort manipulating large data sets in Python, SQL, and Excel.
- Excellent communications (including presentation) skills, and experience communicating technical material to both internal and external audiences.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to drive client-facing research end-to-end, from analysis and research to execution.
- Startup mentality, willing to work across the organization to get things done.
- In-depth understanding of the financial services industry and a passion for technology.
- Intellectual curiosity.
Nice to haves:
- Able to develop and articulate a sound point of view.
- Passion for markets and/or crypto and digital assets.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.