HR Data Analyst at Human Interest (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
The role of the HR Data Analyst is to provide data driven insights to assist in the design and implementation of company-wide People driven programs. These analytics will be critical for the People team to support process and program improvements with the intention to enhance productivity, reduce attrition, improve performance and drive superior hiring decisions. The HR Data Analyst will be responsible for key metrics, reports, and analytics. This role is highly collaborative and will require a strong partnership with the greater People team as well as key business leaders.
What you get to do every day
- Partner with the greater People team to identify data needs and develop insights relative to recruiting and training.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly dashboards to communicate and track key metrics to key stakeholders and the business.
- Produce ad hoc reporting to support evolving business needs and data requests.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to recommend solutions for various processes and programs.
- Analyze data and statistics for trends and patterns to identify gaps in current People programs.
- Develop and maintain HR metrics, reports, and analytics.
- Perform backend data analysis of job boards.
- Provide data leading to more informed decision making by business leaders.
- Identify clear metrics and measures of success in HR training and recruiting.
- Present findings and data in a compelling and easy-to-understand dashboards.
- Develop various data models to evaluate and assess project and people performance.
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree (Data Analytics, Statistics or similar field preferred)
- Minimum three years of experience with data analysis, HR experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with HRIS systems and reporting (Gem, Paycor, Greenhouse preferred)
- Proficiency in data analysis with a keen eye for identifying trends and solution areas
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain high levels of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans from a minimum of $110,000 in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $120,000 in our highest geographic region. The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures