Lead Data Engineer at GoodRx (San Francisco, CA)
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare - and we've helped people save over $60 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for extremely smart and innovative data engineers, who are deft at working with a wide variety of languages, such as Python and SQL. a variety of raw data formats, such as parquet and CSV, in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You will collaborate and work with teams across GoodRx to build an outstanding data platform that supports hundreds of data pipelines which move big data accurately and quickly to guide enterprise data decisions.
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, data analysts and engineers to define features needed for a Data Platform
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership for a team
- Work closely with other engineers to scale infrastructure, improve reliability and efficiency
- Improve developer tooling with a focus on reliability and efficiency
- Write good technical documentation
- Perform large system upgrades and migrations
- Maintenance and improvement of multiple CI/CD pipelines
- Act as an in-house data expert who makes recommendations regarding standards for code quality and pipeline architecture
- Develop, deploy and maintain data processing pipelines using cloud technology such as AWS, Kubernetes, Lambda, Kafka, Airflow, Redshift, S3, Glue, and EMR
- Make smart engineering and infra decisions based on data auditing and collaboration
- Lead and architect cloud-based data infrastructure solutions to meet stakeholder needs
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years of professional experience in any one of the Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- 8+ years experience in engineering data pipelines using data technologies (Python, Databricks, pySpark, Kafka) on large scale data sets
- Experience building or maintaining a Data Platform that supports multiple engineering teams and processes big data
- Ability to quickly learn complex domains and new technologies
- Innately curious and organized with the drive to analyze data to identify deliverables, anomalies and gaps and propose solutions to address these findings
- Experience designing data models that have been implemented in production
- Strong experience in writing complex SQL and ETL development with experience processing large data sets
- Familiarity with AWS Services (Redshift, RDS, EKS, S3, EMR, Glue, Lambda)
- Experience using GitHub, Docker, Terraform, CodeFresh, Jira
- Experience contributing to full lifecycle deployments with a focus on quality and scalability
Good to Have:
- Experience with customer data platform tools such as Segment
- Experience contributing to full lifecycle deployments with a focus on testing and quality
- Experience with data quality processes, data quality checks, validations, data quality metrics definition and measurement
- AWS/Kafka/Databricks or similar certifications
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on if you live near an office location:
San Francisco Office: $180,000 - $288,000
Seattle & New York Office: $165,000 - $264,000
Santa Monica Office: $150,000 - $240,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses, annual equity grants for most positions, and generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration, which is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment, and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week at one of our hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, and New York City unless remote.
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don't necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we'd love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved over $60 billion using GoodRx and millions of consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com .