PicnicHealth is all about making medical records easy to access and using data to power the next frontier of medical research. We work directly with patients to give them the only tool anywhere that truly provides all of their medical records from any doctor or healthcare system in the US—in an easy-to-use, secure online dashboard. Not only that, but patients can choose to contribute their incredibly important data to scientific research, which helps researchers accelerate breakthroughs in care. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients, partnered with some of the world’s largest biopharma companies, and raised more than $35M from Felicis Ventures, Amplify Partners, Foresite Capital, Refactor Capital, and Y Combinator.
It's an exciting time to join the PicnicHealth team - we just announced our Series B raise and are growing quickly in revenue, partnerships, and people. We 3x'd our ARR two years in a row now and on track to continue this trend, building partnerships with over a dozen Life Sciences groups, including 3 of the top 6 Biopharma firms in the US. We’re going through a period of hyper-growth - we tripled the size of the team in the last 18 months and we’re looking to at least double over the next year. We have a collaborative and engaged team culture that is mission driven and excited about the technology we’re building and real solutions we’re offering patients.
Machine learning is at the heart of our work extracting and structuring data from medical records in the real world. We ingest records in whatever format they exist -- faxes, scans, printouts, generated from EHRs, handwritten notes, imaging reports, etc. -- and convert them into validated, structured data. Structuring is just the starting point, and enables us to to build products that improve patient/doctor communication and care decisions, or develop the next generation of data-driven life-sciences studies.
Our Machine Learning team’s goal is to continually improve the efficiency of our human-in-the-loop pipeline for structuring medical records. To do this, we have an ambitious plan to substantially increase our ML capabilities. We are looking for Applied ML Scientists to help us succeed with this plan.
Learn more about our Engineering Team and values here.
As an ML Applied Scientist you will:
- Scope, design, and build cutting-edge NLP models to structure messy, high-stakes medical text by drawing from the latest AI research literature
- Collaborate with other ML scientists, engineers, and stakeholders company-wide to solve high-impact problems deployed within real-world workflows
- Help expand a world-class ML team, shaping both technical direction and team composition as we scale
You are a great fit if you have:
- Built custom models to solve real-world problems, drawing on a deep understanding of machine learning, wide-ranging experience with alternative approaches, and a desire to close the loop for the use case
- Extensive experience with at least one deep learning framework (such as PyTorch or Tensorflow)
- Strong software development fundamentals
- An MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, to move the PicnicHealth mission forward.
- Have 3+ years of experience in NLP and deep learning
- Are not afraid to wrangle messy data
- Are motivated by developing models that have business impact
- Have lost sleep thinking about what interactions are expressible through the interaction of Query and Key values in a transformer
- Care deeply about the inductive biases of the models you are exploring
Why join PicnicHealth?
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Parental leave
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds while we're working remotely during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, currently all roles are remote until at least until July 2021.
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.