Machine Learning Engineer at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We're looking for engineers to work on our massive semi-structured datasets.
The role is ideal for someone who has solid mathematical background, industry experience working on a range of classification, information retrieval, and optimization problems, e.g. click-through rate prediction, search ranking, collaborative filtering/recommendation, or review/sentiment classification. It offers the unique opportunity to have direct impact on key product initiatives, including product feed relevance, ad targeting, information extraction, and recommendations.
What you'll be doing:
- Improve match accuracy of Wish users and products to boost revenue of Wish
- Use big data platform to analyze massive semi-structured dataset and get data insights
- Develop data models based on new data insights
- Write highly efficient code to serve and a/b testing new models
- Monitor, analyze and iterate on data models
- Share gained knowledge with teammates and brainstorm new ideas
- BS in computer science or equivalent degrees
- 2+ years of experience
- Excellent software design skill with experience in Python, Go, and/or Java.
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation system, search ranking, or data mining.
- Passionate about working with large amounts of data and the ability to translate insights into business recommendations.
- Experience with different big data frameworks, including Hadoop, Presto, MapReduce, and/or distributed systems.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.