Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer at PicnicHealth
PicnicHealth is all about making medical records easy to access and using data to power the next frontier of medical research. We work directly with patients to give them the only tool anywhere that truly provides all of their medical records from any doctor or healthcare system in the US—in an easy-to-use, secure online dashboard. Not only that, but patients can choose to contribute their incredibly important data to scientific research, which helps researchers accelerate breakthroughs in care. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients, partnered with some of the world’s largest biopharma companies, and raised more than $35M from Felicis Ventures, Amplify Partners, Foresite Capital, Refactor Capital, and Y Combinator.
It's an exciting time to join the PicnicHealth team - we just announced our Series B raise and are growing quickly in revenue, partnerships, and people. We 3x'd our ARR two years in a row now and on track to continue this trend, building partnerships with over a dozen Life Sciences groups, including 3 of the top 6 Biopharma firms in the US. We’re going through a period of hyper-growth - we tripled the size of the team in the last 18 months and we’re looking to at least double over the next year. We have a collaborative and engaged team culture that is mission driven and excited about the technology we’re building and real solutions we’re offering patients.
Machine learning is at the heart of our work extracting and structuring data from medical records in the real world. We ingest records in whatever format they exist -- faxes, scans, printouts, generated from EHRs, handwritten notes, imaging reports, etc. -- and convert them into validated, structured data. Structuring is just the starting point, and enables us to to build products that improve patient/doctor communication and care decisions, or develop the next generation of data-driven life-sciences studies.
Our Machine Learning team’s goal is to continually improve the efficiency of our human-in-the-loop pipeline for structuring medical records. To do this, we have an ambitious plan to substantially increase our ML capabilities. We are looking for an ML Infrastructure Engineer to ensure that state of the art NLP and image processing models are deployed efficiently and scalably within our systems.
Learn more about our Engineering Team and values here.
As our first ML Engineer dedicated towards infrastructure you will:
- Improve the process and software tools we use to deploy models to production
- Turn newly developed models into deployed services integrated within our application infrastructure
- Own and iterate the dashboards we use to monitor our ML models in production
- Scope and prototype scripts to extract training datasets from our database
- Help expand a world-class ML team by attracting, interviewing, and onboarding future team members during this exciting time of growth
You are a great fit if you:
- Have deployed ML models in a production environment
- Shipped code for 3+ years
- Have substantial Python experience
- Have experience training models in cloud environments
- Are confident in your abilities to navigate complicated SQL data models
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, to move the PicnicHealth mission forward.
- Are comfortable working with kubernetes configuration files, or have similar container orchestration experience
- Have experience working with one or more deep learning frameworks (such as PyTorch or Tensorflow)
- Are experienced with building and integrating microservices
Why join PicnicHealth?
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Parental leave
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds while we're working remotely during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, currently all roles are remote until at least until July 2021.
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.