Manager, Dasher Growth Analytics
The Analytics team is looking for a Manager to own end-to-end Dasher Growth analytics! DoorDash Dashers deliver food and other items from local merchants to customers. This analytics manager will therefore have the exciting opportunity to deploy projects that have an immediate impact on our core business model.
Data Scientists on Logistics Analytics work closely with Product, Operations, and Engineering to identify opportunities and run experiments to improve the efficiency and quality of delivery fulfillment.About the Role
As a hands-on Manager at DoorDash, you’ll use your quantitative background to uncover insights and turn them into relevant recommendations, driving decisions for the entire organization. This role will be within our Dasher & Logistics Analytics team. You will partner with Product, Operations, Marketing, and Strategic Finance to identify opportunities that improve Dasher experience and lower costs throughout the Dasher lifecycle.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze rich data from all stages of the Dasher lifecycle to surface patterns, trends, and bugs using SQL, R, or Python
- Drive experimentation to improve Dasher experience, particularly for new Dashers
- Produce recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate your findings
- Assess the effectiveness of existing Dasher Growth processes
- Partner with engineering, product, and operations teams to monitor Dasher applicant volume, conversion, and retention
- Manage the reporting of findings to management to steer the Dasher Growth team’s strategic vision
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Mentor junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods and solve problems
- A degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Math, or similar domain
- 3+ years experience in an analytical role with a masters or 5+ years with a bachelors
- A high level of expertise in analyzing user funnels and surfacing growth opportunities
- Deep expertise with SQL queries, ETL, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as R or Python
- Strong communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with experimentation & statistics
- Exceptional ability to collaborate with senior and executive management
- The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- The determination to initiate and complete projects to completion in a scrappy environment
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.