Manager, Forecasting Analytics at Affirm (Remote)
We're looking for a driven, analytically-minded professional to join the Growth Analytics team! Growth Analytics at Affirm encompasses Product, Marketing, Operations, Scale & Monetization, and Analyst Foundations. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, an eagerness to collaborate with different teams, curiosity to learn more every day, and patience to work through difficult problems.
What you'll do
- Own analytical models to support operational contact forecasting, headcount planning, license forecasting and budget planning.
- Develop forecasting models using statistical techniques such as time series, regression, machine learning.
- Develop linear programming and heuristics based optimization models to recommend optimal headcount plans and schedules in a constrained environment.
- Lead and coach a small team of analysts and data scientists to develop and maintain advanced statistical models.
- Partner with internal teams to gather the requirements for planning and forecasting related business problems and solve them to set a higher standard for decision making.
- Highlight need for productivity efficiencies through data insights from budget and financial performance perspective
- Establish and apply the best methods (statistical models, processes and software tools) in creating staffing forecasts
- Partner with other analytical functions to get any data needed to be able to generate accurate forecasts
- Support analysts in the forecasting team in reviewing technical, analytical and business work for the best possible quality and analyst's growth.
- Identify third parties, data solutions, and other innovative ways to evolve the operational forecasting practice
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving data warehouse and provide technical guidance across all of operations
What we look for
- Experience leading small teams of analysts required
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical environment solving forecasting, planning or similar problems using quantitative techniques
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and Python or R
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment, cross-functionally, and with external parties
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.