Manager, Fraud & Risk Analytics
The Analytics team is looking for a Manager to boost measurement and expansion of risk and fraud practices companywide. The team works swiftly and attentively to diagnose fraud patterns and prevent fraud loss before it can happen. We conduct rigorous analysis of complex data sets, set up multiple layers of business rules, models, and other processes to prevent potential fraud.About the Role
As a hands-on Fraud and Risk Manager at DoorDash, you’ll take ownership over multiple discrete fraud segments and address fraud in the earliest stages of detection. You’ll establish effective fraud prevention measures that are still mindful of user experience. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have management experience using analytics to affect fraud and risk strategy, we’re looking for you!You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
- Will analyze rich user and transaction data to surface patterns, trends, and bugs using SQL, R, or Python on our anti-fraud risk engine
- Assess the effectiveness of existing fraud models, and enhance our solutions where necessary.
- Partner with engineering, product, and operations teams to monitor fraud risk strategies.
- Inspire the allocation of systematic resources to reduce fraud risk in the most precise manner possible
- Manage the reporting of findings to management to steer the Fraud team’s strategic vision
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- 4+ years in data science or software role working on fraud and risk systems
- A high level of expertise using fraud patterns and analytics to identify insights and create a response plan
- Deep expertise with fraud methods, SQL queries, and R/Python data manipulation
- Exceptional ability to collaborate with senior and executive management
- Seasoned ability with managing timelines, delivery, requirements, and communication to internal partners in order to achieve lofty goals
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.