We are looking for talented Software Engineering Managers to join our RollWorks Data team. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay - as a core company value, we are committed to hiring great people and helping all of our employees learn and grow.
The RollWorks platform is dedicated to helping B2B marketers find and engage the right people within the accounts that matter to them most. While the front-end React platform is the core of our customer experience, big data pipelines are the backbone of targeting and dashboards that help our customers better understand the impact of advertising and glean critical business insights. You’ll work in a small team but have the options to play with the latest tech, learn new skills, sharpen your existing ones, and make a difference in a rapidly growing company that values the employee experience of building software just as much as it values the output.
In this role, you will manage one or more engineering squads who are executing on an ambitious roadmap of features for B2B marketers. You will be a key part of setting both the short and long-term plans for the RollWorks business and then coordinating across Engineering and other functional areas to execute on building the product. Your teams will be working across the engineering stack from big data up to frontend, for which you will be expected to help guide the architectural and technical standards.
As a manager of a big data / back end development team, you will work side by side with product managers and developers to deliver a customer-focused SaaS B2B marketing platform in a highly agile and iterative environment. Developers are treated as equal partners in the process and have a crucial role in contributing not just code but also a voice on usability and customer experience. We truly work as a team and value engineer experience in all aspects of platform development: React, Python, Go, microservices, big data, and more.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or remote.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- The opportunity to drive major technical roadmap and architectural decisions with your team
- The time to expand your existing experience with mentoring and growing engineers at various levels of seniority
- Work closely with Senior Leadership both at the RollWorks and Core (NextRoll) levels
- Be involved in setting BU-level priorities and work with the product + design teams to set short and long term goals
- Opportunity to have major impact on the fast-growing and evolving RollWorks business
- An amazing team of engineers reporting into you, and the team will be growing
- Lots of opportunities to continue to expand technical and architectural knowledge as NextRoll/RollWorks deals with some of the largest data problems in the industry
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, including 2+ years managing a team of software engineers
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities; must be able to effectively summarize challenges and results for managers and cross functional teams, as well as understand how to convey context to non-subject matter experts and craft the “what does this mean for us” analysis
- Experience with scalable systems, large-scale data processing, and ETL pipelines, and big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, or Storm; SQL databases such as Postgres and Clickhouse; programming languages including Python, Java, and Go; AWS cloud services AWS S3, AWS Batch, AWS DynamoDB
- Strong architectural knowledge across different engineering disciplines (frontend, backend, big data) or willingness to learn
- The ability to build trust with your team and cross-functionally by being a committed team player who is in the weeds enough to have subject matter expertise, while maintaining discipline for defining priorities, driving decisions and getting closure on tasks and projects
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
RollWorks, a division of NextRoll, offers ambitious B2B companies an account-based platform to align their marketing and sales teams and confidently grow revenue. Powered by proprietary data and machine learning, RollWorks’ solutions address the needs of organizations large and small—from those with best-in-class ABM programs to those just beginning their exploration. By empowering teams to identify their target accounts and key buyers, reach those accounts across multiple channels, and measure program effectiveness in their system-of-record, RollWorks is an indispensable platform for marketers and sellers who believe that an account-based approach is just good business. Take the lead and visit www.rollworks.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.About NextRoll:
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an eCommerce marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.