We are looking for a machine learning leader to lead the modeling efforts for ad quality. The team works on improving the relevance of ads on Instacart. Ads help customers access relevant promotions/ads and help advertisers achieve their goals of reaching new customers, and retaining loyal customers. Many of these promotions help customers get prices that are lower than in-store prices and are more valuable when well-targeted. Machine Learning (ML) models play a major role in driving the selection and ranking of ads across placements and product lines so that we prioritize the best ad for each customer context.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will build and lead a team of machine learning engineers/scientists and set the technical direction for the team
- You will provide hands-on technical leadership on a portfolio of ML modeling efforts including methodology/system/code review
- You will work closely with engineers, product managers, other teams, internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- 7+ years of industry experience using large scale machine learning to solve real-world ranking/prediction problems
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of applied scientists/engineers where machine learning is the key impact driver.
- Strong programming skills in Python and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow) tools
- Knowledge of machine learning applications in online advertising
- Extensive experience building scalable machine learning systems and data-driven products working with cross functional teams