Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We are constantly working to offer new and innovative card products that enhance the experience of our members. As we continue to iterate, we must remain nimble.
This role will serve as the operational lynchpin between our internal teams, card partners, and payment processors to ensure seamless implementation of our products and services. You’ll be expected to operationalize new designs, technologies, materials, modes of delivery, and integrations.
This means regularly interfacing internally with our analytics, product, and design teams to ensure we appropriately scope new concepts. It also means coordinating externally with each of our card providers to deliver proofs of concept and ultimately the final products.
- Deliver Operational Analyses & Insights
- Develop and define Chime’s internal KPIs and metrics for ongoing card operations performance assessments - help define what excellent looks like.
- Partner with our internal teams to build and maintain robust reporting resources.
- Glean deeper insights and surface opportunities to improve our product operations.
- Manage and deliver periodic updates on inventory status across each of our card products and fulfillment partners.
- Manage External Vendor Relationships
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with our card fulfillment partners.
- Creating robust communication paths.
- Set reporting requirements & cadence.
- Deliver our rolling fulfillment volume forecasts.
- Benchmark fulfillment partner performance against our existing SLAs.
- Continually push to improve and redefine partner performance standards and refresh SLAs.
- Coordinate Internal Initiatives & External Launches
- Iterate on and refine our card fulfillment forecasts and inventory models - incorporating marketing, growth, design, product, and operational initiatives.
- Be ready to respond to urgent issues related to our daily fulfillment operations, report status, and coordinate solutions with our internal teams.
- Serve as a source of truth resource for our internal teams regarding all things card operations and fulfillment.
- You have a passion for delivering the best member experience.
- 4+ years of experience in financial services.
- Experience with SQL and Looker
- Vendor management experience.
- You have demonstrated the ability to influence and foster deep positive relationships with external partners.
- Project management experience. You have a demonstrated track record of multi-tasking and coordinating efforts across multiple stakeholders.
- Supply chain management experience desirable but not required.
- Experience working with card manufacturers from the proofing phase to launch and follow-on daily fulfillment is a plus.
- You have the ability to operate under pressure and find creative, practical solutions to problems; a bias toward thinking outside the conventional approach.
- You are comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- A desire to join a mission-driven organization and help the continued growth of our team.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.