Partner Decision Science Manager (San Francisco, CA) at Credit Karma
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:00 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma’s fast growing Data team is seeking an experienced Data Science Leader with Credit Risk Modeling background. This role will allow a motivated individual to build and lead a team of data scientists who will work closely with our bank and Fintech partners to build and optimize their targeting models on the Credit Karma platform. By doing this they will drive significant revenue for Credit Karma and its partners, while providing approval certainty for consumers. This is the most significant strategic initiative at Credit Karma, that will change the trajectory of the company and its industry.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do:
- Be the critical bridge between banking partners and the Credit Karma data science platform
- Help some of the biggest financial institutions in the country work with the CK modeling platform
- Attract, build and mentor a strong team of data scientists who work hand-in-hand both with the internal data science teams, as well as partner risk science teams. Grow their skills and careers
- Build strong relations with Data Science teams at financial institutions, ranging from VP-level executives all the way to hands-on data scientists
- Thoroughly understand the capabilities of the Credit Karma machine learning platform, and help drive requirements as well as directly enhance Karma’s capabilities
- Enable Credit Karma’s product development cycle by collaborating with partners to understand their business needs and prioritizing features on Credit Karma’s enterprise software roadmap
- Optimize and guide the Partner model building and analytics process, in order to achieve optimal results
- Coach partner Risk teams on machine learning capabilities provided by the CK platform, while getting in their shoes and speaking their language
What We Expect:
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D./MS) in Statistics, Math, Engineering or a related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of experience in statistical analysis and modeling especially underwriting, customer segmentation, customer valuations
- 4+ years of experience building and implementing complex models in a financial risk / data science environment
- Experience building, leading and developing a team of data scientist
- Experience with consumer credit data a must-have
- Expert knowledge of Python (or R or SAS), and SQL, or similar industry standard tools used for large-scale data analysis and modeling
- Experience and/or interest in latest machine learning techniques (Random Forest, Gradient Boosting Trees, Deep Learning) and tools (SciKit-Learn, Hadoop, Hive, etc) strongly preferred
- Experience leading or interfacing with teams at Financial institutions strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, results oriented, enthusiastic, and a creative thinker
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description