Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants, partners and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building best practices.
In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its partner and merchant base; and achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with Commercial, Credit, Product, Engineering, Finance and Capital Markets teams. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Analyze and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data to develop compelling pricing strategy for our partners and merchants
- Identify areas to drive product monetization, understand trade off between price and quality and develop strategies to maximize profit margins
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to price strategic partners and merchants
- Own Go-to-Market merchant pricing strategies for strategic partnerships
- Assist in pricing automation and develop models to streamline merchant pricing processes with Strategic Partnership team
- Assist in new product formation and new markets exploration
What we look for
- 8+ years of experience in an analytically-driven strategy role (management consulting, finance, analytics, credit, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL and Python
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Curiosity to learn about data, models and algorithms and proven track record in analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Proactive leader that can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity, and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Finance, or Financial Engineering is a plus
- Experience in Financial Services Industry is a plus
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.