Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join the Merchant Pricing team! Merchant Pricing is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building standard methodologies.
In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its merchant base and achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with Credit, Product, Engineering, Applied Machine Learning, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Use data insights and work with various cross-functional teams to assess, define, optimize and scale pricing opportunities for different markets
- Design, test and implement new pricing and credit strategies for our top merchants
- Monitor industry trends with regards to pricing and offerings and translate that market data into digestible and meaningful insights; enable us to strengthen our positioning and increase our competitive advantage
- Understanding how profitability, risk, and growth interacts with each other. Conduct analysis on sophisticated and open-ended questions and present findings in a clear and concise manner to optimize the portfolio
- Own end-to-end analytics workflow, including defining success, implementing data requirements, conducting analysis, generating insights and hypotheses, monitoring performance metrics, socializing them across the organization, creating measurable dashboards and reports, and developing scalable analytics solutions and data models
What we look for
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in an analytically-driven strategy role (credit risk, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, etc.), ideally with experience from a high-growth technology company in recent roles
- Experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Have a passion for consumer lending and retail
- Eager to seek out new opportunities, navigate ambiguity and develop creative solutions leveraging data
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic - able to take ownership beyond own responsibility and run timelines/deliverables effectively
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them