Principal Data Architect, Insights at Unity Technologies
With Unity’s industry leading game engine, we are creating a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. This will impact multiple industries like Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of artificial intelligence.
[email protected] is seeking an experienced Data Architect to lead the technical development of our data architecture and self-service capabilities. You will be responsible for working with several internal customer teams to map their needs and working with the Business Intelligence and Engineering teams to design and implement scalable and automated data solutions.
- Lead the design and implementation of data ecosystems and processes that will allow Unity teams to scale and operationalize data
- Coordinate with stakeholders to identify data challenges and to design solutions
- Deep data exploration, designing data architectures and participating in discussions across the teams for data and solutions strategies.
- Help set up tooling and solutions for self-serve data usage across Unity
- Understand complex business questions and challenges in relation to the data
- Build and establish the processes, practices and foundation for Business Intelligence that will provide the backbone to support the next 10-15 years of hyper growth
- Provide data documentation in an easily understood way to both technical and non-technical parts of the business
- Advanced experience building dashboards and analytics
- Strong experience synthesizing large amounts of data to extract meaningful insights and then translating those insights into actionable recommendations for leadership
- Expertise in SQL solutions, data visualization tools, open source tooling for data discovery like Data Portal, Databook, Amundsen etc.
- Proven track record in setting up and improving data architectures and data solutions
- Ability to lead projects through all phases including identifying user requirements, technical design & implementation, and final delivery and refinement with stakeholders
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.