Principal Economist - Operate Solutions at Unity (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity. At Unity, you will make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.The opportunity
Come join Unity as a Principal Economist to help drive the overall pricing strategy for Unity's products and services in the SaaS, Cloud, and Advertising space. This position would run analyses that supports CEO, SVP, and VP-level decision making, including launching and pricing of products/features, repricing of existing products where appropriate, acquisitions, go-to-market and sales motions, designing credits/incentives, and correlation vs. causation analysis. This position will produce reliable, transparent, practical, and scalable solutions that will directly impact how our products are priced and positioned for success.
A successful candidate will challenge the status-quo, have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and a drive for simplicity. They will also have the opportunity to mentor and guide peers, and develop strong collaborative relationships across matrixed teams.What you’ll be doing
- Be responsible for the development of economic models, data analysis, modeling, and experimentation to validate your pricing model
- Effectively communicate econometric models to business teams and incorporate feedback into project analysis/modeling
- Follow through with the modeling output to actual implementation of the recommendation, and use data from the outcome to refine your model
- PhD in Economics or closely related field
- 4+ years in a postdoctoral position; or, 5+ years in consulting, government or academic research
- Strong research track record
- Strong background in statistics/econometric methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data
- Hands-on experience with causal estimation, the design of randomized experiments, and demand estimation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Experience programming in R, Python
- Working knowledge of SQL
You might also have
- Applicants with considerably more experience (6 plus years), including mid-career, are strongly encouraged
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.