Principal Research Scientist, Simulations at Unity
Unity is looking for a Principal Research Scientist, Simulations!
As a Principal Research Scientist in Simulation, you will specify, champion, and drive the implementations of new solutions or approaches to major unsolved problems in computer graphics simulation. The focus will be on physics-based animation such as generating and animating fluids, soft bodies, and volumetrics.
In this role, you will be a Leader of major projects in the Simulation Research group and lead senior researchers and engineers such as the democratization of high fidelity solvers or solver results to new non-expert users. You will also be called on for advice from many parts of the studio with demonstrated ability to work on large-scale projects including early architectural guidance.What you’ll be doing
- Major novel advancements and adoption of existing simulation tools or creation of new simulation tools with adoption from previously unreached users
- Mentor and develop other researchers within Unity and balances direct contribution with advising.
- Ownership of the department's and new products' approach to reaching new users.
- Works with other Simulation leaders such as the Head of Department and other Principals to ensure their project is in balance and complements other work in Simulation, but retains overall ownership of their project
- Tackle major unsolved research problems and advances the state of the art in physics-based animation.
- Advocates and shapes best research practices including identifying user needs, rapid prototyping, research to production transition, and building a positive productive team culture.
- Ensures engineering best practices are considered and works closely with engineering leaders to make sure research results are practical and impactful to products.
- Brings major new knowledge and expertise to the Simulation team such as deep machine learning experience or new approaches outside of traditional VFX simulation methods
- Publications and academic visibility leading to collaborations with other research groups and recruitment of successful researchers.
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.