Quantitative Researcher at Grand Rounds
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:02 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 3, 2020
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The goal of Grand Rounds is to get patients to the best possible healthcare outcomes. We believe that higher quality care leads to better outcomes which in turn leads to lower overall healthcare cost. To demystify and remove the complexity from healthcare, we need to identify the patients who need us and why. We need to understand what is the better path they could be on. We need to understand how we can engage with them and what services we should be providing them.
This opportunity is ideal for someone with an economics, population health or similarly quantitative background. Someone with the analytical instincts to discover unanticipated insights from data and the communication skills to present these findings in a compelling manner to internal and external customers. As a quantitative researcher, you will collaborate with multiple internal teams, including our analytics, care operations, engineering, and data science teams to dive into healthcare data and make actionable recommendations on how Grand Rounds can help patients get to better outcomes at a lower cost. The role offers the chance to develop a wide range of skills while tackling new, unanticipated challenges on a daily basis. In particular, you will develop a deep understanding of the healthcare system and the impact of medical decision making on both health outcomes and spending. We’re looking for candidates with a passion for healthcare, an eagerness to learn new skills, and the desire to do whatever it takes to help the team.
- Dive deep into medical conditions and identify the key points where healthcare journeys diverge for different outcomes and interventions.
- Develop a deep understanding of how users are using Grand Rounds products and how patients leverage the healthcare system generally (with or without Grand Rounds)Develop novel economic models that measure Grand Rounds’ -impact on patient healthcare utilization and cost trends.
- Evaluate physician quality models and identify areas for improvement
- Prototype novel approaches to measuring or inferring clinical performance
- Work with extensive administrative healthcare claims data
- Perform literature research to support modeling or analysis efforts
- Impact the product roadmap with key insights distilled from quantitative research
- 2+ years of work experience in highly quantitative roles
- Excellent analytical ability and strategic intuition
- Ability to lead both quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL).
- Experience with Python or R a plus
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills You excel with collaborative projects that include cross-functional teams
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description