Risk Strategy Analyst, Buyer Risk at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for an experienced Risk Strategy Analyst to support our Buyer Risk team in San Francisco. The role entails driving analytics insights and enabling senior leadership to make effective, analytically driven decisions, in particular areas of fraud risk and financial efficiency. The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of risk strategy methodology and design, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling operations through automation.
What you'll be doing:
- Carry out detailed walkthroughs and process mapping to identify significant risks and controls in Wish’s systems
- Monitor, review, and communicate the impact to the Buyer Risk team of future initiatives, including new products, changes to existing products, and major business initiatives
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders like customer support, marketplace, business development, data science, engineering, payments, and product to launch and monitor fraud prevention controls
- Review the financial impact of fraud incidents, understand root cause, and design preventative controls
- Design, evaluate, test, and implement risk rules to counteract fraud patterns and reduce fraud losses
- Regularly review and analyze the effectiveness of rules and make adjustments or deprecations as needed
- Be intensely data driven in prioritizing and evaluating the results of all work
- Be bold! Develop insights using data and research to create a risk control system that deters fraudulent behavior while providing a positive shopping experience for Wish buyers
- 3+ years in Risk/Fraud/Payments focused role
- BA/BS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, Economics or other quantitative field
- Proficient in SQL
- Proven track record of applying analytical/statistical methods to solve real-world problems using data
- Organized and self-motivated individual, comfortable operating within ambiguity
- Strong communication skills required to operate across multiple departments and stakeholders
- Desire to continually learn, adapt and work in a fun, fast-paced environment
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.