Senior Analyst, Marketplace Business Strategy & Analytics at The RealReal
As a member of our marketplace analytics team, you will partner closely with our internal teams to identify areas for optimization and develop actionable recommendations to drive the business. You will be involved in end-to-end analytics starting with collaborating cross-functionally on exploration and hypotheses development, through to experiment evaluation and reporting.
You will collaborate closely with our merchandising, marketing, safety, and customer service teams to ensure that we are continuously strengthening our marketplace and improving the service that we provide for our customers and consignors.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Create, manage, and maintain critical KPIs and dashboards for departmental stakeholders
- Collaborate with marketing on delivering campaigns and building target audiences; executing recurring campaigns as well as leveraging data to inform and recommend future tests
- Partner with our safety teams to evaluate and maintain marketplace security
- Maintain core reporting for our customer and consignor relations team, taking feedback from our customers and distilling into higher-level insights
- Serve as the key analytics partner on cross-company demand initiatives
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years experience in an analytics, finance or consulting role
- Ability to distill complex data into easy to understand analysis with actionable recommendations
- Experience with SQL (BigQuery, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Amplitude)
- Expert user of Excel and Powerpoint and/or GSuite applications
- Extremely detail oriented and organized; highly quantitative and creative, passionate about using data to guide strategy
- Self-starter, fast learner, and strong collaborator: there is no job too big or too small if it contributes to the mission and makes our business better
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.